- Polyphenol Antioxidant Ratings (AO): Many of our teas are tested at the Univ. of Guelph, in Ontario and rated with AO's of: High (7.5-10%), Very High (10-12.5%) or Ultra High (12.5+%) v.s. typical AO's of 5%-6% for store bought teas. These ratings are noted in the tea descriptions.
- Food safety & ethical programs: Our producer's teas conform to a variety of programs including: HACCP; GMP; Homeland Security's C-TPAT; ETP; Fair Trade; ISO 14001, and for our organic products certfications from USDA (NOP), Canada (CFIA-COR) and EU (OF&G).
- 1oz/30g of tea makes 15-30 cups: Our premium loose leaf teas can be infused more than once, (2-3 times).
- Useful comparisons by green tea type (unit=mg/100g):
Amino Acid: 30.7
Amino Acid: 24.0
- Strainers: Are rather important parts of a teapot because they determine how well the tealeaves open up to get the most aroma, taste and color out during the brewing process. Strainer types also determine how easily a pot can be cleaned after use. Strainer types: